If you are having a hard time coming up with healthy snacks or meals for your little one….here are some ideas that we have tried in our home that the kids love.
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 6 scoops gelatin, like Vital Proteins brand (where to buy)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 cup watermelon juice (see below for how to make)
- 1 cup plain kombucha
- coconut oil, for greasing
To make your watermelon juice, simply cut up a small watermelon and remove the rind from the fruit. Put the fruit in a fine-mesh strainer and press down with a potato masher to squeeze all the juices through the strainer into a bowl.
Make sure to have all your ingredients handy before making the fruit snacks because you will need to work quick.
Boil 1/2 a cup of water on the stove. While the water is coming to a boil, mix cold water and gelatin in a medium-sized bowl, creating a paste. Once the water is boiling, pour it into the gelatin paste and whisk vigorously until all the gelatin is melted. Continue whisking and add honey, watermelon juice, and kombucha. Grease a glass pie dish lightly with coconut oil or use a silicone mold (like this) and pour your juice into the dish/mold.
Allow to cool in the refrigerator for at least an hour until it resembles jello! If you used a pie dish you can loosen the edges with a knife and flip it over onto a cutting board, using a small cookie cutter to cut them into fun shapes!
Mini Burger Bites:Recipie by Sugar Free Mom
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 ounces uncured nitrate free bacon
- 24 cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 cups red leaf lettuce chopped
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese cut into 48 pieces
- optional: pickles
Thousand Island Dip-
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar free ketchup
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill pickle
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine the first 5 ingredients together in a bowl.
- Using about 1 tablespoon of the meat mixture, make 48 mini patties or meatballs.
- Place them on a foil lined baking sheets and bake for 15 minutes.
- Cool slightly to handle.
- While the mini burgers are baking, cook the bacon in a skillet but remove before crisp. Drain on paper towel and break into 48 pieces.
- To assemble burgers on toothpick start with a tomato half, pickle, bacon, lettuce, cheese and burger.
- 2 pounds carrots, Pick the fattest carrots you can find.
- 1/4 cup olive oil or melted coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line several large baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Trim the carrot tops off. Starting on the thick end slice the carrots paper-thin on the bias to create elongated slices. You can do this with a chefs knife, but it’s better to use a mandolin slicer on the smallest setting. When you get down to the thin end, stop and save them to use in soup or salad.
- Place the carrot slices in a large bowl and add the oil, salt, cumin, and cinnamon. Toss well to thoroughly coat. Then lay the slices in a single layer on the baking sheets.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until the edges start to curl up and turn crisp. Then flip all the chips over and bake another 5-8 minutes to crisp the bottoms. Once cool, store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
All you need-
-Favorite Greek Yogurt
Put the greek yogurt in the plastic bag.
Cut the corner of the bag and make little drops all over the cookie sheet and freeze for about an hour.
- 1 Cucumber
- 2 Slices of Your Child’s Favorite Cheese
- 2 Slices of All-Natural Deli Meat – such as ham, turkey, chicken
- Handful of Fresh Matchstick Carrots
- Optional: Sesame Seeds, for garnish
- Slice cucumber into large ¾-1 inch thick slices (removing peel if desired).
- Hollow out center of cucumber using a melon baller. Leave about ½ inch of cucumber inside.
- Stuff cucumber with small rolls of cheese, deli meat and carrots until center is filled.
- Garnish with sesame seeds if desired.
- Serve cold. Refrigerated leftovers in tightly sealed container.